There are many volunteer opportunities at Moody Middle School. Many of these opportunities are coordinated through the Moody PTA.
At the beginning of the school year you will find two forms related to volunteering in each student’s back-to-school folder: the HCPS volunteer/mentor application and the Moody PTA Parent Volunteer Opportunities form.
The HCPS volunteer/mentor application MUST be completed each year and for each school your children attend. The HCPS volunteer/mentor form can be filled out on line using ZippSlip. You may also choose to complete the form in your back to school folder and return it to the school. If you need to print an additional copy of the form you can get one here.
The downloadable Moody PTA Volunteer Form gives you an opportunity to reach out to the PTA and share your areas of volunteer interest. No matter what your day job, there is an opportunity for you to stay engaged with your child’s school. Here is a sample of upcoming volunteer opportunities:
- Hospitality – provide refreshments for school functions
- Office helpers- assist in the school’s main office weekly or every other week
- Clinic- help with screenings
- School pictures- help on this day for half or full day
- Dance committee- plan, organize or chaperone PTA dances
- 8th grade dance- organize/ prepare for the 8th grade dance only
- Book Fair – help with check out (November)
- Spring Fling- set up, take down and work during the day in two-hour shifts
Additional volunteer opportunities will be posted on the website as they arise during the school year.
We also ask that you take time to review the HCPS Volunteer Guidelines.
If you have any volunteer questions please contact Nirjara Pillai, PTA volunteer coordinator for the 2016-2017 school year.